Summary of Changes in KEDIT 5.0 Service Level 4
Here is a list of the changes made to KEDIT 5.0 in Service Level 4, which
was released in December 1997.
Service Level 4 also includes all of the
changes in KEDIT 5.0 Service Level 3,
which was released in July 1994, and the
changes in KEDIT 5.0 Service Level 2,
which was released in mid-1993.
KEDIT 5.0 was originally released, as KEDIT 5.0 Service Level 1, in
June of 1992.
Year 2000 Changes
- SET DIRFORMAT now accepts a third operand, which determines whether
the file dates displayed by KEDIT's DIR command use a 2-digit or 4-digit
SET DIRFORMAT 8 3 2
is the default under both DOS and OS/2, and yields a 2-digit year such
as 97 or 00.
SET DIRFORMAT 8 3 4
yields 4-digit years, such as 1997 and 2000.
(The first two operands of SET DIRFORMAT control the width set aside for
file names and file extensions. With the DOS version of KEDIT, 8
character names and 3 character extensions are the only allowable
values, but the OS/2 and Windows versions support long filenames, and
hence allow larger values to be specified.)
- When a DIR.DIR file is sorted via DIRSORT DATE or DEFSORT DATE, KEDIT
will now treat two-digit years from 80 through 99 as 1980 through 1999,
and will treat two-digit years from 00 through 79 as 2000 through 2079.
- EXTRACT /TIME/, used from within a KEDIT macro, yielded an incorrect
value for TIME.3 beginning in the year 2000. TIME.3 now correctly
returns the date in the format mm-dd-yy. TIME.5 is now also available;
it returns the date in the format yyyy-mm-dd.
Other Changes in Service Level 4
- When running KEDIT for DOS under Windows NT 4.0, the mouse was disabled
after use of KEDIT's DOS command.
- In the DOS version, the UNDO command could append garbage to lines with > 127 leading blanks.
- In the OS/2 version, WRAP ON was incorrectly ignored for backward searches, (LOCATE -/string/)
- The OS/2 version of KEDIT could crash after FILE/QUIT from large (>32 meg) file.
KEDIT Home Page
KEDIT Overview |
Download Libraries |
Demo Version |
Technical Support |
KEDIT for Windows 1.6.1 Upgrade |
KEDIT Mailing List
Copyright © 1996-2012 Mansfield Software Group, Inc.